Advising is available year round for students interested in our courses. University Extension encourages students to consult with an advisor before registering.
Dr. Mike Raney is University Extension’s academic advisor. He can help you with questions about your academic progress, such as meeting prerequisites, degree completion rules, course equivalencies, or even how to get started on your academic career. Dr. Raney is available to meet with students in person on specified monthly advising days, or by appointment. You may contact him by email with questions or to schedule an appointment.
Walk-In Advising is held in the Will C. Hogg (WCH) building, Room 2.216 (specific times noted), on the following date
- Monday, October 22 – 4 - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 23 – 4 - 6 p.m.
- Monday, November 12 – 4 - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 13 – 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, December 3 – 4 - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 4 – 4 - 6 p.m.
Additional Walk-In Advising Days will be posted on this web page when they are available.
To contact Dr. Raney about courses which require his approval:
- Email Dr. Raney at email@example.com.
- In the subject line, include your name and the course(s) you want to enroll in.
- In the email, specify the course type (semester or self-paced online) and provide all prior course history relevant to the course(s) you want to take. For example, if you want to enroll in BIO 311C, you would summarize what math and science courses you have taken, where, and your performance.
- Include information about any assessments or placement tests you may have taken (CBE, ALEKS, AP, etc.)
- Note: you can submit your registration at any time, but you will not be officially enrolled until our office has received Dr. Raney’s approval.
- UT College of Education – Student Resources, including advising, for students in the College of Education
- UT College of Liberal Arts – Academic Advising for the College of Liberal Arts
- UT Natural Sciences – Secure web services for students in the College of Natural Sciences
Concurrent Enrollment Petitions and Approval Procedures:
- UT College of Communications – Concurrent Enrollment Policy
- UT College of Fine Arts – Contact the CoFA Student Affairs office to request concurrent enrollment in UEX
- UT Cockrell School of Engineering – Online Concurrent Enrollment Petition
- UT Jackson School of Geosciences – Online Concurrent Enrollment Petition