February 11 and 12, 2019 - Walk-in Academic Advising with Dr. Mike Raney
Dr. Mike Raney is University Extension’s academic advisor. He can help you with questions about your academic progress, such as meeting prerequisites, degree completion rules, course equivalencies or even how to get started on your academic career. Be sure to stop by Dr. Raney's office for a walk-in appointment from 4-6 p.m. in the Will C. Hogg (WCH) building. Room 2.216. You can find more information on our Advising Page.
Announcement - Spring 2020 Walk-in Dates for Academic Advising with Dr. Raney
Walk-In Advising is held in the Will C. Hogg (WCH) building, Room 2.216 (4-6 p.m.), on the following dates:
- February 11 and 12, 2020 (4-6 p.m.)
- March 24 and 25, 2020 (4-6 p.m.)
- April 21 and 22, 2020 (4-6 p.m.)
- May 12 and 13, 2020 (4-6 p.m.)
Now Open for Registration - Spring 2020 Courses
The spring semester begins Tuesday, January 21, 2020.
- FR 406 – Introductory French I (Online, Spring 2020)
- FR 407 – Introductory French II (Online, Spring 2020)
- FR 412K – Intermediate French I (Online, Spring 2020)
- LAT 506 – First-Year Latin I (Online, Spring 2020)
- LAT 507 – First-Year Latin II (Online, Spring 2020)
- RUS 406 – First-Year Russian I (Online, Spring 2020)
- RUS 407 – First-Year Russian II (Online, Spring 2020)
- RUS 412K – Second-Year Russian I (Online, Spring 2020)
- SOC 322C – Sociology of Creativity (Classroom, Spring 2020)
The Daily Texan Takes a Look at University Extension
Did you know that you can earn UT class credit through ways other than the traditional on-campus classroom setting? Areeba Amer, writer for the The Daily Texan, interviews Dr. Mike Raney, senior assistant dean for advising and student services, and gets his take on how students can take advantage of University Extension's flexible and convenient course offering available anytime, anywhere.
Dr. David Hoffman Named to Texas Exes' 2019 Texas Ten List
Congratulations to Dr. David Hoffman, named one of this year's Texas Ten, a list of top UT Austin faculty as nominated by alumni. Read all about Dr. Hoffman's passion for the classroom, teaching philosophies and why professionals make up half of his class every semester, along with interviews with other nine faculty members making up this year's Texas Ten.
Dr. Hoffman is a faculty member in the university's Department of Molecular Biosciences. He has been teaching evening sections of his popular Fundamentals of Biochemistry course for UEX for years.
UT Public Testing Center - Upcoming Saturday Testing Dates and Hours
Saturday testing is available once a month on the dates listed below from 8 a.m. to 1:50 p.m. by appointment only:
- January 18, 2020
- February 22, 2020
- March 28, 2020
- April 25, 2020
- May 23, 2020
- June 27, 2020
- July 25, 2020
- August 22, 2020
For more information, please see UT Public Testing Center's page on Saturday testing information