Are you enrolled in a self-paced online course that will end around the Winter Break? Are you a UT Austin student needing to apply self-paced course credit toward Fall 2021 graduation requirements?
If so, we recommend you start planning now to manage course deadlines during the busy days ahead.
Tips for Success
- Be aware of important upcoming course credit deadlines and schedule enough time for final exam grading. UT Austin students who need to apply self-paced course credit toward Fall 2021 graduation requirements should plan to take their final exams by Friday, December 3, 2021 to ensure ample processing time. When our office is closed for holidays, our instructors are also on holiday and not obliged to grade.
- Don’t wait to purchase an extension. If you determine that you cannot complete your course before the expiration date, you may purchase a course extension.
- Register for self-paced courses before Winter Break begins. When our office is closed new course registrations will not be processed.
- Don't take an exam over Winter Break. We discourage students from taking online exams during the Winter Break since staff will be away from the office for an extended period of time and unable to assist with any issues that might arise until after the break.
|November 24, 2021||University Extension office will close at Noon|
|November 25-27, 2021*||Thanksgiving Holiday (University Extension and UT Austin closed)|
|November 29, 2021||All university offices reopen for normal business hours|
|December 23, 2021||University Extension office will close at Noon|
|December 24, 2021 to January 2, 2022*||Winter Break (University Extension and UT Austin closed)|
|January 3, 2022||All university offices reopen for normal business hours|
* New course registrations submitted over a holiday will not be processed until the university reopens and staff return to the office after the holiday.