Catch the Next
In partnership with the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy at The University of Texas at Austin, Catch the Next, Inc., provides a sequence of seminars to faculty and staff at colleges across the state of Texas wishing to bridge the gap between policy- theory and practice by implementing CTN’s Ascender Framework for Student and Faculty Advancement. The seminars give faculty the opportunity to engage in culturally sustaining methodology and experiential learning opportunities focused on student success for diverse populations. The courses are offered in the summer, fall, and spring semesters. Students may enroll either for college credit or on a non-credit basis.
Catch the Next’s Professional Development is based on the premise that as faculty further their education and training, so too will their students thrive and succeed. While they have always encouraged our participants to pursue their educational goals, the complete restructuring of developmental education in Texas has made this work imperative. Many faculty are now required to earn additional graduate credits, attend supplemental trainings or, indeed, earn additional advanced degrees in order to continue teaching in their disciplines or to transition into other academic fields. Offering this coursework has already given many the validation and motivation to continue on in their studies and has helped them strengthen their professional development portfolios at our partner institutions.
Enrollment Eligibility Requirements
Students enrolling in the credit option for spring 2024 must submit an official transcript verifying their baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university to the email or physical address listed below no later than April 9, 2024. Students will be changed to a non-credit status if they do not submit evidence of their undergraduate degree by this date and will receive no refund. Students who previously completed this step do not need to submit this information again.
Extended Education Ventures (Mailcode: G3850)
The University of Texas at Austin
UTA Building, Suite 2.408
1616 Guadalupe Street
Austin, TX 78701
Tuition and Fees
Summer: $510 per course, which includes $500 for course enrollment and $10 for library services.
Fall/Spring: $310 per course, which includes $300 for course enrollment and $10 for library services.
All Semesters: $60 per course, which includes $50 for course enrollment and $10 for library services.
Please note: No refunds will be issued for this course after a student submits their registration.
You will need a UT Electronic ID (UT EID) to register (note: always use this same UT EID whenever you interact with UT Austin, now or in the future). Set up your UT EID and password.
- Carefully review the course options above. Add the appropriate course option (credit or non-credit) to your cart, and click the "Check Out" button at the top right of this page
- On the next page, select the grading status for your course. If you are enrolling the credit option, select either "Pass/Fail" (which will be recorded as a "Credit/No-Credit" on your transcript) or "Letter Grade." If you are enrolling in the non-credit option, select "Audit."
- At the bottom of the page, select “I have a UT EID-Continue Registering”. Login using your UT EID and password.
- Check that you agree with the refund policy and the UEX policies/privacy statement.
- Enter and/or review your biographical information as needed. Select the appropriate answer from the dropdown list for the question “How did you hear about UEX?”
- Enter your Texas Success Initiative (TSI) information.
- Check that you understand the TSI policy.
- If you are enrolling in the credit option, select that you claim an exemption from TSI based on having a bachelor’s or associates degree or higher. If you are enrolling in the non-credit option, select that you claim an exemption from TSI based on taking the course(s) for no credit.
- Select your payment method.
- If payment for the course will be made by a third party or you will be paying via check, select the "Check" option. Check the two certifications under “Confirmation.” Click “Submit Registration.”
- If you will be paying via credit card, select “Credit Card.” Check the two certifications under “Confirmation.” Click “Submit Registration.” Enter and review your credit card information.
- If enrolling in the credit option, submit your official transcript verifying your baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university to University Extension no later than April 9, 2024. Students who do not submit documentation will be changed to non-credit status and no refund will be issued.
For questions about the registration process, contact University Extension at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the courses or program, contact Catch the Next at email@example.com.
ELP 183P: Individual Projects
Readings and collaborative work relating to the theory behind, and implementation of, interdisciplinary, student success initiatives in higher education. Sessions will focus on academic success, team dynamics, student engagement, community involvement, data collection, and classroom management. Students will have the opportunity to apply and reflect on their knowledge in the context of their current positions in higher education through supervised instruction, individual mentoring and a final portfolio.