SPN 312K - Second-Year Spanish I
|Course Number||Course Title||Day & Time||Course Fee||Register|
|SPN 312K||Second-Year Spanish I||Online||$850.00|
Spanish 312K is the third of four semesters of college-level Spanish at The University of Texas at Austin. This online class will review material covered in previous distance learning Spanish courses while advancing knowledge of grammar, vocabulary, and culture. In this course, students will write more paragraphs and compositions than in previous classes and will more frequently record their spoken Spanish.
This course is independent study and is self-paced. Students have five months upon registration in which to complete all coursework. Exams must be taken in person at an approved testing center (learn more). Proctoring fees vary by site and are not included in the course fee.
- High-speed internet access to view streaming videos
- Technology and ability to record digital audio files and convert to .mp3 format
- Microphone, speakers and/or headphones
Graded Assessments and Learning Modules
- 5 learning modules
- 15 assignments (written and oral components, submitted separately)
- 2 exams (taken at approved testing site)
Textbook(s) and Materials
- Knorre, Marty, et. al. Puntos de partida: An Invitation to Spanish (Student Edition), 8th ed., McGraw-Hill, 2009.
ISBN 10: 0-07-353442-0
ISBN 13: 978-0-07-353442-8
Optional: The New World Spanish/English Dictionary. ISBN-0451181689
Spanish 604, 507, or 508K with a grade of at least C-.
Students should contact the University Extension advisor with any questions about prerequisites or placement in our courses. All students should contact their academic advisor with any questions about how this course fulfills their degree requirements.